Mission & Values
Greystone exists to add value for clients by:
- Understanding clients’ needs & objectives for performance and servicing and exceeding their expectations
- Providing value-added investment performance, within clients’ risk tolerances, with integrity and in a highly principled manner
Our Core Values
Client Interests Come First
We are not satisfied until our clients receive superior service.
Integrity and Professional Conduct
We honour our commitments, treating our clients and colleagues with respect.
Collaborative decision-making is at the centre of every action.
Accountability and Clear Performance Goals
We are accountable for our actions and take pride in accomplishing measurable goals.
Social and Community
We contribute to the community as a firm and as individuals, reinvesting a portion of the benefits we personally enjoy from making our lives here.
Greystone places the utmost emphasis on observance of the highest ethical standards in the delivery of the investment counselling and portfolio management services we provide to our clients. It is the fundamental pillar of trust upon which our firm is based.
As professionals and fiduciaries, we comply with rules that govern our conduct and impose on ourselves high standards of professional and ethical duties. These standards and rules are designed to ensure our clients have the utmost confidence in our ability to service their investment needs in a manner that is not only professionally superior but is also ethically above reproach.
Greystone employees are governed by a code of employee ethics and personal conduct. The key provisions of this code with respect to personal trading are summarized as follows:
- Prohibition on trading within a seven calendar day blackout period before or after the date on which a transaction in the same security is effected for a Greystone client
- Pre-clearance of all trading
- Prohibition on investing in initial public offerings
- Prohibition on short selling
- Restrictions on investing in private placements
- Full disclosure of all securities trades and securities holdings
- Minimum holding period of 30 days
A copy of our Client Disclosure Document concerning employee ethics & conduct, compliance and other related information is available to all interested parties upon request.