Small Cap fund
In current markets, investors are continually seeking ways to improve portfolio diversification and investment returns. Our clients also tell us that Greystone’s disciplined growth style has proven reliability, benefiting their funds through both positive and negative markets.
Combining these two factors, we have created the Greystone Canadian Equity Small Cap fund and introduced it to the market in December 2006.
Here are only a few of the new fund’s distinguishing features:
- Tight portfolio focus with a target of about 30 stocks.
- Complementary fit with our Canadian large cap equity product.
- Proven, team-based growth process implemented by the team responsible for our Canadian large cap equity product.
- Market float restrictions to maintain the small cap nature of the fund at a target range of $250 million to $1.25 billion.
- Diversification to reduce risk and provide an opportunity for incremental long term value added.
- Pooled fund structure for greater liquidity and ease of implementation in balanced mandate asset mixes.
Simply put, this new fund applies Greystone’s proven growth philosophy and process to a segment of the Canadian market where we feel that we can add value. In many cases, we have followed these stocks for some time – but we’ve been unable to invest because of the minimum capitalization requirements of our large cap strategy.