Greystone actively supports charitable causes within its business area. Interested parties are invited to review the following summary of our donations policy before submitting a written request.
Greystone engages in charitable donations, contributions, sponsorships and promotional donations. Donations are made to registered non-profit organizations. Other donations are also undertaken, generally to build and maintain goodwill among clients, prospective clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
We do not respond to telemarketing-style solicitation or form-letter mailings and will generally decline “compliments of” advertising.
In its donations, Greystone supports registered non-profit organizations operating in our market area. We typically will not support national charitable fundraising efforts.
In assessing requests for support from nonprofit organizations, Greystone applies the following funding priorities:
- Causes that reach the broadest-possible cross-section of the communities in which our employees live. This is illustrated by Greystone’s support of the United Way, which represents a significant proportion of our annual donations budget.
- Multi-year commitments for institutions and capital campaigns, primarily in the fields of education and health.
- Annual donations for organizations and causes in which our employees are directly involved as volunteers (religious, political and advocacy organizations excepted). Our support of industry causes falls into this category.
- Direct solicitations from organizations having a broad impact in the fields of provincial level health care, education and social services.
In assessing its non-charitable support, Greystone emphasizes:
- Activity in Greystone’s marketing area, although this criterion may be waived for specific marketing reasons.
- Events related to causes and organizations supported by Greystone employees
- Events related to the investment and pension industries (including employee benefits)
- Existing clients’ activities
- Key suppliers and service providers, when the cause is strongly recommended by Greystone employees.
Sponsorships of tables, golf holes, etc. will be limited. While outright cash donations are possible, Greystone’s support for non-registered organizations usually takes the form of event sponsorships or table/ticket purchases.
For further information, please contact us by clicking here.